Going live on a new ERP system can be a stressful time. The best way to ensure a smooth transition is to start early to format and investigate the amount of work required to collect your data. Giving yourself an early start will really help your preparation.
While every project is different, you can start by gathering together the following data and presenting it to us in advance for review.
File Formatting Tips
- Make sure that any customers or vendor names match what you have already imported.
- Make sure that the products are already imported to live and the product numbers match
- .CSV is usually the most efficient format -- look out for leading zeros!
- Name the file in a way that makes it easy to search for if you need to refer to it later.
- Any Aged Receivable / Payable / Inventory records should tie directly to your opening journal entry.
Data to Gather
The list below should be a good starting point to gather together and evaluate. The order presented below is typically the correct sequence for most projects as well.
The following list is for both Vendors and Customers.
Open Sale Orders
|Expected Shipment Date of Item|
Open Purchase Orders
|Expected Receipt Date of Item|